Distributed Render Toggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Render Toggle

Wish for a toggle, on the vfg gui perhaps, to turn on and off DR by clicking a button...
    Maybe a bit lazy but I'm spending too many clicks going through the render setup to accomplish this.

TIA

It's scriptable, I just checked. The command is:

renderers.current.system_distributedRender = true

If you need it to generate the file that it checks for for the slaves that's a bit more complicated. What were you think?
    Colin Senner

Comment

oh, sorry about the late reply! I will try it out, but I really know nothing of scripting

Comment

so, how would I use this efficiently?
        Can I use that line of text to make a UI button?

Thanks again Colin!

P.S. I use relink script all the time and am going to have to send you another donation!

Comment

DR Off.ms.txt Turn DR Off Script

DR On.ms.txt Turn DR On Script

Rename the .ms.txt files to just .ms, the forums won't let me directly upload a .ms file :P.

Here you go, I wrote them into macroscript form for you so you can easily see how to do it yourself. It could have just been 5 lines, but I put in a check to make sure VRay was the current renderer, otherwise it would just throw an error if VRay wasn't. I'll go through one of them quickly.

DR On.ms

Code:
          macroScript DR_ToggleOn category:"VRay" tooltip:"Toggle DR On" Icon:#("EditMesh",8) (
          (
              if matchPattern (renderers.current as string) pattern:"*V_Ray_Adv*" then (
              ) else (
                  messageBox "V-Ray is not the current Renderer"
              )
          )
          )
          Code:
          macroScript DR_ToggleOn category:"VRay" tooltip:"Toggle DR On" Icon:#("EditMesh",8) (
          macroscript <uniqueName> category:"<Drop down category that it'll be under in the toolbars>" Tooltip:"<Text describing the script"> Icon:#("Group name of the icon", <number of the icon)

The Icon: part is optional, default will list the tooltip as the button name

Code:
              if matchPattern (renderers.current as string) pattern:"*V_Ray_Adv*" then (
          Checks to make sure V_Ray_Adv is somewhere in the renderer name string, if it is

Code:
          Turns on DR

Redonating for Relink Bitmaps? No Way! Thanks for donating the first time . It's currently installed on 13,696 computers, get some of them to donate, my student loans are killing me. But seriously, I got hired this year with a great company and I couldn't be happier here in Seattle.

-Colin
          Last edited by MoonDoggie; 25-04-2011, 10:42 AM.
          Colin Senner

Comment

Wow, that's great! Thanks so much Colin, I will try this as soon as my current rendering finishes.
            Good to hear you are happy in Seattle!

Best regards,
            JR

Comment

Colin, Thank you, it works perfectly!

Comment

Any time at all friend.
                Colin Senner

Comment

Really appreciate it, I think using this for just a few test renders saved me a lot of clicking, scrolling, and waiting for the slaves to be "ready."
                  I made a small toolbar for it and am wondering if I can somehow place the buttons in the VFB next to the newly added "render last" button....

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X