Specific Sub-Forum For The Known Issues or Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific Sub-Forum For The Known Issues or Bugs

I think it would be very good if there is a specific place for reported issues and bugs, with/without their solutions.
    Because sometimes when having a problem in a tight deadline and searching the forum in a hurry, it is possible that we can't see the right thread because the title of the related post can be poor.
    This happened to me few times.
    Many times, I see that Vlado can find quick solutions to some bugs or wishes with some patches, scripts etc.
    Sometimes I see such posts by luck, without having fallen into the problem.

So I believe, if there is such a sub-forum, it would be the first place we will check, we will read about issues others face, their solutions and we will be aware of these without loosing time.
    for my blog and tutorials:
    www.alfasmyrna.com

I was thinking something similar for RT with regard to what it does and doesn't support. Like a quick reference guide.

V Miller

Comment

+1 Pixela!!!
      great idea
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I hope they hear us
        With such forum, it will be easier to handle problems.
        www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

There is already the "Problems" forum; how would a new forum be different? How will it help you find things faster if searching is the same as the "Problems" forum?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado for your answer.
            Let me try to explain the difference.
            In problems forum people write their problem but sometimes/usually these problems are happening because of THEIR hardware or a mistake in their scene, a problem in their modelling etc etc.

But what I mean is a place where we can read reported bugs, problems inside Vray - that are not relative to the user.

As I told above, sometimes one person makes a wish about a limitation in a new map or material etc and in that thread I see that you create a patch and solve the problem. But I see this thread by chance because the post title is not so informative or I don't have time to read all threads one by one.
            Or sometimes I come across a bug and have a mail traffic with you and after few weeks, on the forum I see that another person is having similar problem and writing. I try to contact this person and tell.
            So I think it would be VERY useful if Chaosgroup can put the reported bugs, or any pacth you create on a seperate forum.
            www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

We do have our own bug tracker, of course, but it is tricky to expose it for everyone... and it will not solve the problem of bug titles being obscure or uninformative (sometimes all we get is "Crash when rendering" and a scene file - that won't help anyone).

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok I understand.

Anyway I think it will be useful if we can learn and see about the reported&confirmed bugs.
                Maybe someone in Chaosgroup can analyze problems forum and bug tracker and pick the confirmed ones and let us know.

So when we face the same problem regarding the bug, we will not loose big time, trying to figure out if it is because of a self-made mistake.
                www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

What do you think about a constant updated online manual?? It could be very helpful, because if you expect a behaviour and you haven't got it, you can go to the online manual and check if that tool (modifier, maps, light, ecc) can do what you want.
                  I think it could be good to link into the manual some solution written into the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
                    What do you think about a constant updated online manual?? It could be very helpful, because if you expect a behaviour and you haven't got it, you can go to the online manual and check if that tool (modifier, maps, light, ecc) can do what you want.
                    I think it could be good to link into the manual some solution written into the forum.
                    Yes this can be too.
                    www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Working...
                    X