Proper Object lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Object lights

It dont know if this is possible or not but it would be cool.

Having the ability to turn an object into a proper light source, and i dont mean just putting a 100% self illuminated white material on a mesh. I mean a modifier that gives you options for photon casting, fall off, intensity, color and so on.

Basically all the properties of a vray area light , but on any object you want, (pretty much like if you could make a vray light take on the shape of any give object) that way you wont have some of the limitations that you do currently with the self illuminated deal...i.e. when you have the object bright enough to light a room, anything near it gets completely washed out.

Imaging building a light bulb, and instead of having to place a vray light or omni near the light to simulate the light from the bulb, you could actually turn the bulb mesh into a light source, the way it would work is the light rays leave the mesh on a per face basis or an approximate area basis, and leave at right angles with the faces.

I dont know if any of this makes any sense, it does to me ( i think) and i reckon it would be a great addition.

Definitely a good point here...I think that brazil supports object lights.
    It would be grat to simulate real world lights...

I tried to simulate linear light with a thin area light, but it is just not correct...

Comment

Yeah, having proper objects would also be great for big neon lights, just have the mesh act as light. It would be very cool i think. Maybe also the abililtie to have it invisible would be handy as well.

Comment

Working...
      X