Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opacity that works with fog

cheers,

i dont know if this should be in the wishlist or bug section, but as this seems to be a problem with both the scanline and several other renderers i put it in the wishlist

here is the problem:

very simple scene with a plane with a checker map in the opacity slot, the problem is that the object doesn't get completely opaque so that the fog is added to the spheres where it should be 100% transparent.

if you dont belive it, try it yourselves or download the example scene:

http://www.tryllefilm.no/misc/fogexample.max

hope you can figure something out vlado, its a real pain not to be able to use fog and transparent objects together.
    Eivind Nag

This is a problem of the fog, not of the renderer Basically the Max fog is not physically correct, which is why you get this. I think ScatterVL comes with a fog that works in this case; I also have a plugin I wrote once somewhere on my harddrive if you are interested...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
      This is a problem of the fog, not of the renderer Basically the Max fog is not physically correct, which is why you get this. I think ScatterVL comes with a fog that works in this case; I also have a plugin I wrote once somewhere on my harddrive if you are interested...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Hehe....One might even be tempted for this fog plugin of your's to be included in future builds? A Vray fog for the environment dialogue?

Signing out,
      Christian

Comment

I second that, Trixian and Nagboy... then we should be able to make even more realistic exterior images...
        Please Vlado, think about it...
        Regards,
        Joao.

Comment

Cheers All,

Vlado, please yes, i would very much like to try out you fog plugins and and it would be very nice if you would include it in the next build of vray for everyone to enjoy if you dont still have my email, you can send a trial version of the fog to supervlado@tryllefilm.no

Cheers yet again
          Eivind Nag

Comment

Working...
          X