• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important improvments to Vray

1-better and faster glass material
    2-more and darker diffuse shadows for the irradiance map
    3-good and fast SSS
    4-new material shaders like the one in Brazil and even much better ones
    5-hair and fair shaders designed espesially for vray(very realistic like in maya with daynamics and great presets ofcourse )
    6-faster dealing with texture maps and opacity maps
    7-much faster depth of field and displacement maps especially when using GI
    8-new technology to render animated objects and light with GI
    9-and finally maybe a good natural scenery generator(infint landscapes,skies,water,trees,grass......you might take alook at e-on software vue pro4)
    beleive me i'm not dreaming it can all be done because tose guys can do it
    i know that some of the features i asked for already has plugins but we need something better trust me.and maybe some of these features can be done as seperate plugins that is fully integrated with vray
    thanx

Also i forgot to add better and million time faster Caustic(comparing to Final render vray caustics is very slow(sorry to say that)

Comment

i want to see brazil or fR put out glass at the speed that vray can. and also, if you cannot get fast caustics w/ vray, then you havent bothered to sit down and learn vray as much as you have learnt fR
      5 years and counting.

Comment

Psy listen i'm not attacking vray and everybody knows that it's the best renderer in the market i only wan't it to be much better and everyone that uses vray should work on that too besides u might put some additions to the wish list instead of caring about definding vray u don't have to do that Because i love vray more than u do.

Comment

Originally posted by Psy
          i want to see brazil or fR put out glass at the speed that vray can
          true!!

Comment

test the caustic in vray and final render for instance try reflecctive caustics from water to the walls and u'll understand what i meant

Comment

when did i attack you or start defending vray?

all i said was, if your having problems getting fast caustics, then your not doing something right. and i wont deny the fact that there is no real manual for vray, so trying to do anything the right way is all down to the user testing, which is really lame because you never know if what your doing is right or wrong.

anywho, i've never gotten decent caustics at a good render time in fR before, just goes to show that knowing helps. a lot.
              5 years and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by mohmax1
                test the caustic in vray and final render for instance try reflecctive caustics from water to the walls and u'll understand what i meant
                MEABY U dont learn VRAY caustick propertly - for me the best speed

Comment

This seems like a start of another "1000 and more views" topic....

Mohmax1: It is very easy to say "make the cray much faster than it is" (I would just love to see you programming all this)...chaos guys are doing extremely good job and for me the vray is the fastest renderer I have used so there are two options for you from my point of view:

Either learn vray better or buy a faster computer

Comment

mzmeskal you are very smart i'm very impressed with your opinion
                    and asking for better features in max is a good thing every max user should ask for don't you think so?!

Comment

Originally posted by mzmeskal
                      This seems like a start of another "1000 and more views" topic....
                      yep......

Comment

Allright....Can you be more concrete? at least with these 3....
                        1 better and faster glass material
                        2 more and darker diffuse shadows for the irradiance map
                        3 good and fast SSS

cos that would help see where you are aiming in particular and we can cut out all the offending crap....

Comment

Listen dude, I don't wanna bash you on this too badly, but this is the funnies wishlist I have ever seen.

point 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 are so silly since they all mean the same thing: I want it to be faster and better. I am sure they want it to be faster and better too.

9 is basically nothing to do with a rendering engine... buy Dreamscape... works great with Vray.

2... this I don't understand

4 and 5 one the only real wishes that make sense.

Comment

I agree with most of what cpnichols says. I have some points though:

3-good and fast SSS: I guess implementing Hierarchical SSS could improve SSS a great deal, reducing flickering, and making it a lot faster. The interpolation is a push in the right direction but it could be better.
                            For more info: http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/papers/fast_bssrdf/

4-hair: Get Shag:HAIR. I'd rather have Chaos focus on the renderer, rather than adding stuff that is already out there. Soon there will probably be ways to render Shag:HAIR much faster/better in VRay.
                            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by egz
                              I agree with most of what cpnichols says. I have some points though:

3-good and fast SSS: I guess implementing Hierarchical SSS could improve SSS a great deal, reducing flickering, and making it a lot faster. The interpolation is a push in the right direction but it could be better.
                              For more info: http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~henrik/papers/fast_bssrdf/
                              A two pass technique already exits in vray for doing glossy eefects. they would have to add it to SSS.

Comment

Working...
                              X