Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayPlane - Exclusion Area (almost like boolean subtract)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayPlane - Exclusion Area (almost like boolean subtract)

Would be nice if we can have our infiniate VRayPlane, but still cut areas out of it (like use a closed spline to define a subtract area)

Put another way, the VRay plane as one huge infinate plane (like now) but it has areas masked out where you can see through it asif there was a hole there in whatever shape I define
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

You can use VRayDistanceTex for this to drive the opacity of the material for the VRayPlane.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

good tip
      thanks
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Hmmm I checked Spot3D for the use but can't figure out what they talking about.

Can you give me a step by step to make a hole 10 000mm wide in the VRayPlane please. I don't kow what settings to put into the VRayDistanceTex. Also don't understand which objects material the Distance tex suppose to go into. Into the VRayPlane or into an object that has the size of the hole? I have a whole city on my VRayPlane (which acts as the ocean), but in only one section I want a hole in the VRayplane (hole in the ocean)
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Stick a vray material on the vray plane with your distance tex in the opacity slot. Make a cylinder 10,000 mm wide and place it where you want the hole cut out. Pick the cylinder in the distance tex material, and set your inside colour to be black. Set your far and near colour to be white and then make the cylinder object invisible to camera.

Comment

cool
            thanks John
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Bump! I'm trying to get this to work, but my inside and outside textures are greyed out. I can connect Vray colours to the slots, but not change the colours within the map parameters. I can't get the opacity to work on the Vray plane

Attached Files

Comment

I should note that it's working using the distance parameters

Comment

Working...
                X