VRayBoxFade wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayBoxFade wish

The VRaySphereFade has been very useful at time for fixing renders and comping in moving geometry but I and some of my coworkers have wished that it could also support the box gizmo. Sometimes we need a flat edge or multiple flat edges to work around the objects in the scene. Would it be possible to have a VRayBoxFade or have the VraySphereFade also support the BoxGizmo?
    Thanks,
    TEAGUE

MattMaitland
    SeniorDesigner

We have it on the "to do" list to support other gizmo types as well.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

nice! looking forward to it. Thank you!
      TEAGUE

MattMaitland
      SeniorDesigner

Comment

Implemented; should be in tomorrow's night build.
        Falloff distance parameter means percentage of falloff base for of the given gizmo. Now as a base minimal dimension of the given gizmo is taken. This results in different falloffs for different gizmos visible at the edges of rendered patch.
        Would it be more convenient for falloff base to be something else (max dimension, ...), please suggest .

Best Regards

Dano
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Excellent! Thanks Dano. We'll check into the functionality as it stands and let you know if it could be improved. Thanks guys!
          Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by Danculo View Post
            Would it be more convenient for falloff base to be something else (max dimension, ...), please suggest
            The length of the diagonal of the box might make more sense; perhaps we also need to add an option for absolute falloff in scene units rather than based on the gizmo size.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sweet!! Thank you all!
              TEAGUE

MattMaitland
              SeniorDesigner

Comment

There are option now in the dialog box to specify type of the falloff - what to take as base.
                Minimal dimension and maximal dimension - falloff is relative to each gizmo's dimensions. Minimal means base is half of width, length or height whichever is minimal. Maximum dimension is radius of the bounding sphere.
                Absolute is just absolute regardless of gizmo dimensions .

Best Regards

Dano
                V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
                X