Baking to vertex color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking to vertex color

It would be really nice to have a way to bake information on vertex colors.
    I haven't had the opportunity to use it but i think you can already do this in vray for maya.
    Thanks in advance.
    KCTOO - Directors

Yep you can - there's a way to load images as vertex colours in Utilities / Assign Vertex Color.

Comment

Do you mean you can do it in maya right?
      I hope it could be possible to port it to max without too much hassle.
      Last edited by kagemaru; 06-09-2012, 07:23 AM.
      KCTOO - Directors

Comment

No, that's how you do it IN max - go to your utility panel and use the "assign vertex colour" utility.

Comment

Sorry but i don't think i'm able to replicate what i asked with the utility you suggested, could you please describe a quick guide on how you would do it?
          What i asked was to basically do a render with vray and bake the result (e.g. beauty or any other arbitrary render element maybe) onto vertices as colors.
          Basically i'm speaking about a "render to texture" functionality but to vertices instead of uv.
          KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Sorry there - it's a different utility - here's a tutorial that uses the method to transfer a baked map into vertex colours - http://www.klaasnienhuis.nl/WordPres...platige-image/

Comment

Yep i knew i could pass by textures but avoiding uvs was my starting goal.
              Thanks for the contribution anyway.
              KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Working...
              X