Background image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background image

How about a check-box on the Physical cam that will allow you see the background image unaffected by the exposure settings?

Unless of course there's a way to do this that I am unaware of....
    - Geoff

Try the "affect background" tick box in the Colour mapping tab?

Comment

Whoa! Yes! Thank you!
      - Geoff

Comment

Oh wait. No, that doesn't do what I'm asking. I'm rendering something flying through the air. I want to use the physical sun and sky and physical camera, but I want to see the non-HDRI background plate while I'm tweaking things.
        - Geoff

Comment

How is your "non-HDRI background plate" set?
          If you have VrayLightMtl applied you can use Compensate camera exposure option.
          Best regards,
          Zdravko Keremidchiev
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

I was just setting the bitmap as the Environment background, but I suppose mapping it to a plane linked to the camera is a good way to do it.
            - Geoff

Comment

Check out Martin B's Camera Plane Script for this.
              Maxscript made easy....
              davewortley.wordpress.com
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

We also plan to add a function to the V-Ray VFB to show a user-specified background behind the render.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Speaking about exclusion of backgrounds, perhaps it's impossible to make due to the fundamentals of 3dsmax, but I've always been bothered that there is no way to exclude any environmental images from the AA-filter. There is of course a way to get around this by using Video post, but sadly that tool is outdated and tedious to work with.

EDIT: Ooops, I think you just answered my request already there Vlado...
                  Last edited by Swahn_Kung; 04-10-2012, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X