Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A region color picker in the VFB

Heya Vlado,

Just curious would it be possible to add in an option to do a region select of pixels in the vfb? As an example I'm trying to match Hue and brightness values between a surface in a render and in some live action footage in nuke - it'd be great rather than just having a pixel colour picker in the VFX, that we could do something like shift and right click to drag out a rectangle and have the pixel information show the average of the values in the rectangle? It'd be great for being able to ignore grain in test renders but see if your brightness and hue are in the right areas!

Cheers,

John

Don't we allready have that function in max? I can't remember the key.....either shift or controll while colour-picking-draging. It should average out your colour, but you might have to "rub" the picker over your area a few times.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Just checked the manual for the VFB and there's no mention of it there unfortunately?

Comment

There is no such option in the VFB. I will forward it to the developers for consideration.
        Thank you for the feedback.
        Best regards,
        Zdravko Keremidchiev
        Technical Support Representative

Comment

Right. This only works for max's colour picker. Holding shift and rubbing will average out the picked colour. VFB definitely needs this functionality too.
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

Working...
          X