Vray toon and zdepth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray toon and zdepth

Perhaps this has been brought up before or there is an easy workaround but if not here we go.

When we use vraytoon, it by default effects the vrayZdepth pass but not as you might like. Naturally for the zdepth pass I want the same depth value that we see in the normal depth channel to go along for the ride in the toon outline. I know that there is no geometry in that effect so im not sure how you would capture the correct information but currently the zdepth pass is unusable with a white halo around all the objects.

The one workaround i've found is to render a separate zdepth pass made of a self illuminated falloff in cam space and map that not only to the object but also in the color channel of the toon stroke.

If you would like a visual ill be happy to cook one up but I hope that you can easily see the issue.

Thanks!

-Michael

Hello anchovy,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll add this issue into our bug-tracking system.
    Meanwhile you can use either 3DSMax Standard Ink'n Paint material, or Vray Mtl with Falloff map in order to get the toon effect without adding "vray toon" - and this workflow won't break Zdepth channel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_toon.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	847013vray_toon.zip
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

This still isn't fixed.

Comment

We are still working on it. For now you can use the workarounds suggested by Svetlozar.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Is there any chance to get this fixed ever?

Comment

Working...
          X