RGB Channels as Monochrome in Framebuffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Channels as Monochrome in Framebuffer

It would be great to have a way to view each color channel (r,g,b) as monochrome/grayscale without the color tint in the Vray framebuffer. Maybe just allow the "monochrome" mode button to still respect which of the color channels are currently active instead of forcing display of all three channels like it does now.

yes please!

The colored channel view is completely useless.

Comment

Ill back the request.

-Michael

Comment

+1 for me also please.
        www.seraph3d.com
        Senior Generalist
        Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
        Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

We can make the monochrome button to work along with separate r/g/b selection, but I'm curious when would you not want to see the color?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

because often I want to use the channel view to visually compare intensities and contents of the various channels
            When they change color my eye has no way of knowing the relative brightnesses.
            For example green and blue of the same intensity appear wildly different to the eye brightness wise.
            A very dark blue looks like black, where if it was monochrome, you can see that there is some information there.
            I know you can use the measuring tool, but sometimes a quick glance over the whole image would be enough.
            R

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              We can make the monochrome button to work along with separate r/g/b selection, but I'm curious when would you not want to see the color?

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I see this didn't make it into Vray 3.0. Any chance we can get this soon? Also apologies for posting another similar wish item. I had forgotten I already asked for this a year ago

Comment

Yes, it's been on the "to do" list for a while, but keeps getting pushed down by other stuff. Will try to get to it.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

For the next nightly tomorrow, the "monochrome" checkbox will take into account the state of the R, G and B buttons to determine the intensity (so if you only have the R channel pressed, you'll get a grayscale image where the RGB values are all equal to the red component of the original image). Would that help?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Yes, for me, that would be very helpful!
                    Rens Heeren
                    Generalist
                    WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      For the next nightly tomorrow, the "monochrome" checkbox will take into account the state of the R, G and B buttons to determine the intensity (so if you only have the R channel pressed, you'll get a grayscale image where the RGB values are all equal to the red component of the original image). Would that help?

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Sounds perfect Vlado. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X