Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRAY for Rhinos, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY for Rhinos, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Rhino users are dying to see a high-end renderer become available for Rhinoceros.

It would be amazing to have VRay for Rhinos, and I'm sure that hundreds of thousands of Rhino users would love to invest their money just like I would in VRay should it become available.

B_online

lol.....u might have to wait for another lifetime...

Comment

i think rhino is pretty far down the pecking order.

It would be cool but dont loose sleep over it.

Comment

hundreds of thousands? there are 'only' about 60 thousand licences sold...
        though personally I wouldn't touch max anymore if it became available.
        I think there are many people using max only because of Vray.
        b_online, I recommend not to wait for anything, that can only be disappointing....

Gijs
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

60 thousand, thats quite much, i didnt know that.
          How many max licenses are sold, (max4/5/6) does anyone knows by chance?

Comment

I think there are many people using max only because of Vray.
            Not sure about that ... Max seems to gets bad press, i think its a great product. (in my opinion)
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Well, maybe I should have put it another way: I think that a lot of people use max only to render/animate. I think this is true for most designers that use CAD modeling software like Pro/E, SolidWorks, Rhino, etc.

I know that about 50% of Rhino users have also bought a Flamingo rendering licence, just because it gives you native raytrace rendering in Rhino. If I wouldn't need to transport my model anymore to Max it would be a huge plus. There are even people that transport their models (from Pro/E or Solidworks) to Rhino to render them in Flamingo.

It has also to do with price of course. Large design firms (like Philips Design) have many (25+) rhino licences. Those people need to render their stuff and most of them use Flamingo for this job for three reasons: it is native in Rhino, the added cost is not so high (about 500USD) and it is easy to learn.

I find the idea of a native vray for rhino quite logical. Rhino is a growing market. And because it can read files from pretty much every design application, a good render plugin like Vray would be a great step forward.

Gijs
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Flamingo is amazing slow and complitcated.(for me) I tried the demo, but I felt its waste of time and energy.
                If there will be VrayStandalone, u can almost make sure that someone will write a connection plug or whatever to vray. Huge community behind it.

Comment

good joke.

first they have to finish version 1.1.... some day.
                  and i hope they make DR work with max 6 before they begin thinking about porting vray to another application.

Comment

I want Vray for Rhino!

Comment

well .. iv'e already posted it in this thread :

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=6782
                      but i will post it again :

"I also use rhino for modelling arch .. and it is usually ignored by everyone - also the big forums on the net ...
                      but i think it is because it is exporting perfect files to integrate with bigger software packages ...
                      I model in rhino and render in max ....
                      The fact that rhino has NO render functions (without flamingo) is very limited, because Vray, as well as brazil, use the default max lights, changing the shadow methods .... in rhino, there are no lights with accurate parameters ..."

Comment

Working...
                      X