Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exr & VRImg saving

Hey guys,

I would like to know if it's possible to save out the normal way out of max with the output path to exr, and at the same time save to VRImg.

Let me explain, we have our pipeline rolling with exr rendering and automatically reloading the assets in the comp program.
    This means that every time we need to make a change, we need to re render the whole image.
    If I was able to save the VRImg as well, every time I render, I could potentially load the last VRImg and crop render the changes.
    But I still need that this render saves automatically to whole exr to suit our pipeline.

Is this something that is possible, if not is this a possible add on?

Thanks

Stan
    3LP Team

It is possible to save out two different file formats simultaneously.
    Just use 3DSMax native Render Output option for EXR file /Common Tab/, and Vray raw image file for VRImg /V-ray Tab, Frame Buffer Rollout/.
    At the end of the render two separated files will be saved
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Actually, there are 2 problems in this solution :

1) If you save out to exr with max and enable the VFB, none of the elements will be exported, only the beauty pass, and I need all the passes as exr at the end, and that need to be automated.

2) Doesn't concern Vray so much, but RPManager disable the VFB whenever you send a pass to the network to actually prevent the fact of rendering through the VFB because it doesn't save passes. And we are using RPManager for everything.

We are 8 here in the office, people are sending render all day long on the farm, it's not possible to think about having to save manually each pass from the VFB at the end, it need to be all saved straight, the same way as without the Vray VFB, but plus the vring extension

I hope this help understanding my problem

Thanks

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

In fact this is possible if you do some C++ coding... I'm not sure we want to expose such an option to the UI, but perhaps we can add access from MaxScript.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Max script would be fine with me, If I can call it as a pre-render script or post render script, it would be all good for me

I would appreciate this Vlado,

Thanks

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

Working...
          X