VRayLightSelect element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayLightSelect element

I wish I could select a handful of lights and then click a single button to add all, instead of going one light at a time. Another option might be to have a pick object dialog window, although I get quite bad with naming objects when I'm working quickly by myself.

[I've also had issue with deleting lights from the element after they were deleted in the scene (cursor turns to hand icon when hovering over 'Remove'). To solve it I would add a new light to the element before it would let me delete the deleted lights.]
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Heya

There is script for it. If I'm not wrong ull find what u need here : http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...lect-Automated
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Thanks, but the script feels a bit wonky (maybe since it's from 2010?) - I did try and rename my lights with specific prefixes to separate the ones I wanted for each element in the list, but the list of lights from that script doesn't sort alphabetically (?). So it's still a lot of digging around the list and picking the lights needed.

But still, I suppose it's still faster then one by one with the actual render element options.

If it wasn't too hard, I'd still vote for Chaos Group to add a simple include/exclude button like they have in the MultiMatte element - or refine the Add button in the LightSelect element so that when clicked with nothing selected, it lets you pick one by one, but if you clicked while having objects selected, it would add them to the list.

Otherwise I love LightSelect elements. It's great for weeding out certain sets of lights that are causing noise and of course for comping and controlling specific sets of lights.

thanks though!

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback. I made a note into our system about your feature request , and I'll update this thread when we have some updates in that direction.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
          I wish I could select a handful of lights and then click a single button to add all, instead of going one light at a time.
          You don't have to pick them one by one. Click on the add button, and then the "Select by name" button in the 3ds Max toolbar - then you can select a number of lights at a time.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            You don't have to pick them one by one. Click on the add button, and then the "Select by name" button in the 3ds Max toolbar - then you can select a number of lights at a time.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Perfect, how did I overlook this. Using this method along with adding prefixes to groups of lights (or using sets) should make this a bit easier to quickly update the elements.

Thanks!

Comment

I used the light select on my last project, and it worked great!

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/attachm...154742&thumb=1
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...