Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Vray Displacement Mod to create vrmeshes

hi,
    I like it to work with the Vray Displacement Mod which gives me very accurate results. However the rendertimes can increase very fast if you work with displacement.
    So i thought it would be nice to use the Displacement Mod as a "model creator" or something... maybe that you have an option to save out the generated mesh as an vrmesh to use it as a proxy.
    That would be very cool because in some cases you would get rid of the precalculation and that stuff and you could work much faster.

I do not know if its possible to save out such a displaced mesh as an vrmesh or so but it would be nice to here what you think about that.

regards Jonathan

V-Ray 3.0 has ways to reduce render times with displacements quite a bit through the "static geomtetry" and "cache normals" options, sometimes up to four times faster. There's no need to involve .vrmesh files...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Typically I work a lot of with proxys. For example rocks or stones. If I want to combine these with Vray displacement Mod I cannot use proxies anymore. And If I have a lot of Instances with DisplMod on top I have very high precalculation time for "updating instances" even in vray 3.0
      So I thought it would be no bad idea to have an option to save out the displaced Object as an vrmesh first and and than use it as a vrayproxy.
      regards Jonathan

Comment

Well, you can do that using the 3ds Max Displace modifier, for sure. VRayDisplacementMod does other things during render time which I don't see how to bake into a proxy.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X