VRayCam EV settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayCam EV settings

Didn't I read somehwere a long time ago that we will be getting EV in the VRayCam?

I don't see it in the 3 beta, I'm geussing it's still on the "to do" list?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

some way of locking the exposure is something i've been asking for for ages...

I think the f-stop, shutter speed and ISO should all be grouped together in the vrayphysicalcamera settings for a start, as they all affect exposure. Then maybe some way of locking them so that once you have found a good exposure setting, changing the f-stop affects the shutter speed, or ISO

typically the way this affects my work is that I have found a good exposure setting at f8 or something, but then I want to change to say f2.8 but keep the EV the same. Normally I choose realistic shutter speeds and can work it out in my head, but if for some reason I used a shutter speed like 1/70th then i resort to using this webpage:http://www.giangrandi.ch/optics/lenses/expcalc.html
    www.peterguthrie.net
    www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
    www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

If you use the VRayExposureControl, it has an EV value...

Other than that, exposure priority has been on the list for a while...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

+1 for all of the above. Do we have the ability to change the WB in the VFB yet?
        Alex York
        Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
        www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          If you use the VRayExposureControl, it has an EV value...

Other than that, exposure priority has been on the list for a while...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Yeah, specially if you have a smooth value to have the exposure changing accordingly depending on the brightness of the overall image (ie : going from outdoor to indoor), you don't want to have each image with a drastic different exposure, this could introduce flickering...

For the time being, I'm still using Lele's Matrix-Weighted Exposimeter to quickly expose, but having a exposure priority would be a huge help in everyday's workflow...
          Date Updated:
          09/08/2008
          Author Name:
          Emanuele Lecchi
          It's been a while since this script is out

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

Shameless plug but my VRay Camera Manager on Scriptspot has shutter, iso and aperture priority modes.
            Dan Brew

Comment

I have an EV chart on my wall, which I reference all the time.
              Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
              some way of locking the exposure is something i've been asking for for ages...

I think the f-stop, shutter speed and ISO should all be grouped together in the vrayphysicalcamera settings for a start, as they all affect exposure. Then maybe some way of locking them so that once you have found a good exposure setting, changing the f-stop affects the shutter speed, or ISO

typically the way this affects my work is that I have found a good exposure setting at f8 or something, but then I want to change to say f2.8 but keep the EV the same. Normally I choose realistic shutter speeds and can work it out in my head, but if for some reason I used a shutter speed like 1/70th then i resort to using this webpage:http://www.giangrandi.ch/optics/lenses/expcalc.html
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
                Shameless plug but my VRay Camera Manager on Scriptspot has shutter, iso and aperture priority modes.
                Very useful script

Comment

Working...
                X