Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray hairfarm modifier . Needs hair step in it absolutely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray hairfarm modifier . Needs hair step in it absolutely!

Hi,

I played with the vray hairfarm modifier, while it's true that the vray hairs shader look much better then on poly hairs, there is a huge problem with the vray hairfarm mod, and I can't get why nobody flag it out.

I will explain it: In hairfarm, you have the segment hair : normally it's 0 by default, but even at zero, since hair render CURVES , it will still be smooth. normally, for most of my haircut, I put 1 segment and when you apply a kink let's say at 1,0 of strenght, you will get a certain effect. BUT, if you add an other segment, so 2 instead of one, the kink effect became much more stronger and NOT the same, it's changing the whole hair cut.

so the problem is here, when we render with the Vray hairfarm mod, it just take into account the number of segment in hairfarm, so we get just one segment! so it's very EDGY and ugly, for now we can't add segment in the vray hairfarm mod. Hairfarm renderer don't have this problem because he render it has a curve.

So to make it usable, we need it to have an option that we can add segment to the vray hairfarm modifier ( would be cool also if those segments can adjust automatically to the lenght of the hairs so that the smallest hairs dont get let's say twelve segments if they only need 3 to look as fnie as the longer one) , otherwise it's just too much edge we can't use it.

Let me know Vlado if you can add this rapidly I could make my Daniel Craig use the Vray hairfarm Mtl and show you, I think I would get better result then now

We are working on this, hopefully for the next beta, but it will be a couple of weeks until then.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

great news! Let me know if I can test it ^^

Comment

Here is a teaser

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Attached Files

Comment

Eheheh i've been a "requester" of this for a long time now
          Can't wait to have it working.
          Question for Vlado: are we gonna get a (sort of) spline rendering for primcurves or just a bigger tessellation of what we already have?
          KCTOO - Directors

Comment

Originally posted by kagemaru View Post
            Question for Vlado: are we gonna get a (sort of) spline rendering for primcurves or just a bigger tessellation of what we already have?
            We did experiment with direct raytracing of splines and it turned out to be both slower and more memory-consuming; so we opted for dynamic pre-tessellation based on the same spline code. The results are virtually the same, but a lot faster and in many cases using less RAM.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              We did experiment with direct raytracing of splines and it turned out to be both slower and more memory-consuming; so we opted for dynamic pre-tessellation based on the same spline code. The results are virtually the same, but a lot faster and in many cases using less RAM.
              Excellent!
              KCTOO - Directors

Comment

wow excellent Vlado Can't wait to have this feature, let me know when you can get it into Vray 3 beta.

Comment

Working...
                X