Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep animation options in the vray proxy available when using a vrmesh sequence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep animation options in the vray proxy available when using a vrmesh sequence!

Heya Folks!

I'm using the vray mesh format out of naiad as a way of rendering water but keeping velocity information in the vertices for post motion blur. One thing I noticed though is that if I want to slip the frames of a mesh sequence, the animation controls that allow offset, playback type and speed are greyed out. I can understand speed not being applicable to every file type since my naiad files have changing toplogies, but the frame offset and playback type would be handy in almost all cases.

Cheers!

John

What do you mean by "slip the frames"?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

As an example, I've got a scene that's three different shots and cameras. There's a naiad sim that's been done in a separate scene but I want to bring it's cache in and place it at the end of my larger scene. If I want to offset the playback of the naiad sim so that it starts at frame 300, I have to rename all of the vrmesh frames so that the first filename is 300. With a normal single vrmesh file that contains animation, I'd have the option of the "offset frames" spinner in the animation section to tell the proxy to start 300 frames later. With a sequence of vrmesh files I don't have this unfortunately!

Comment

Ahh I see. This works in V-Ray for Maya, in fact; perhaps it will not be too difficult to do it for 3ds Max too - will make a note for it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

And the raw light select too (although that's far more complicated isn't it?)

Comment

Working...
          X