Incremental Render Element Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incremental Render Element Names

I think the thread name explains most of it...but it would be convenient if multiples of a single type of render element were automatically assigned unique names. This would help greatly when you're in a crunch, and you forget to re-name matching elements. It's always a slap in the face to find you've overwritten a bunch layers that you need for post-render work.

I usually have all of the elements I need set up in my start scene, but tonight, as an example, I had to render out 5 additional MultiMatte Elements, and I forgot to re-name them, so only the final MM element was saved.

Thanks,
    Andrew

+1 for this, i have the same config and it will very handy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arch Pedro A. Solano
    "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
    Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Follow us on facebook
    Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Yeah, +1 for a check so it doesn't allow duplicate names in the render elements list

Comment

Doesn't 3ds Max itself warn you about this? I'd imagine this is a problem for any renderer...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Doesn't 3ds Max itself warn you about this? I'd imagine this is a problem for any renderer...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          As far as I know, no warning is given when rendering from the Vray Frame Buffer. I haven't tested it with the Max frame buffer. I usually render using Backburner, with 'Save Separate Render Channels' enabled. All of the render elements show up in the VFB drop-down list, and they render properly, but then they get overwritten during the file saving process.

Thanks,
          Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X