Graying out settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graying out settings

Here's something I'd like to see. It's relatively simple and just a quality of life / more transparent usability fix.

And...it's already done for a specific example. If in your Irradiance map settings you have "Single Frame" checked, "Interp. Frames" automatically grays itself out as it is not used in this mode.

I'd like to see that extended to all of the modes: ie.

When "From File" is set to the IMAP mode, I'd like all of the other controls grayed out (anything that isn't used during this mode, which is I'm pretty sure everything except the filename edittext).

This would just make it a bit easier to use knowing what controls you can affect during different irradiance map modes.

Just wanted to suggest it.
    Colin Senner

Hi Colin,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Actually some check-boxes might be locked depending on the IRRmap mode.
    - use camera path ; show calc; randomize sample , e.t.c (From file/animation rendering modes )

We are still working on simplifying the interface in V-Ray 3.0, so i will make a note about this to our developers.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Tashko.

Graying out settings when in different modes is just a simple usability aide for newer users who might not know some settings aren't used in different modes.

Cheers. Can't wait for 3.0
      Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
      X