Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket render time element

Hi all,

Just talking to a colleague and we wished after a long render overnight that we could have a blue to red (like samplerate) render element that showed the buckets render time, not showing times per bucket as I guess that's even harder, just a guide as to where the longest buckets were located. This would allow you to try and fine tune your render bucket order so that the bucket splitting in Vray 3.0 would be in that area more.

I think as the element would need to now the times for all buckets before it could grade them in colour, it might not be possible.

Mark

Also wanted something like this for ages.

Would also help identify problem areas when you have an inexplicably long render.

Comment

+1 from me....
      Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
      Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Great idea. +1
        Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

It's been asked for along with sample rates for reflection, refraction, direct and global illumination rays too!

Comment

Originally posted by m_hinks View Post
            I think as the element would need to now the times for all buckets before it could grade them in colour, it might not be possible.
            If rendering floating point it could store the render time in seconds as the colour value for example.
            Rens Heeren
            Generalist
            WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Working...
            X