RGB / Beauty pass without reflection or spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB / Beauty pass without reflection or spec

Generally I work with a full range of elements, in the traditional way, but for quicker jobs where I need a fast turn around, or I want to quickly produce drafts, I sometimes work directly on the RGB pass straight in photoshop.

Now what would be really useful is if the beauty pass could be produced without the reflection or specular pass. Then I would have better control over the RGB, but also control over the reflection and specular passes, as I would use the reflection and specular passes.

There are ways I could do this manually, such as using a compositing program and a generic file to give me what I need, but would be very useful if it could be an automated process from Max / Vray.

Cheers,
    Dean

Can you not apply those passes in difference mode to remove them from the rgb pass, and then apply them back on as needed?

I do this to tone down reflections all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by notamondayfan View Post
      Generally I work with a full range of elements, in the traditional way, but for quicker jobs where I need a fast turn around, or I want to quickly produce drafts, I sometimes work directly on the RGB pass straight in photoshop.

Cheers,
      Dean
      Is that not the total lighting pass then?

Comment

Just go to globals and disable reflections/refractions + glossy reflections. You will get what you want. Its 2 buttons.
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
          Is that not the total lighting pass then?
          Thank you! It never occurred to me to even look at this pass, but it does exactly what I need!

Forget / delete the original request!!

Comment

Working...
          X