Ability to define Render Region In the Vray VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to define Render Region In the Vray VFB

Would love to be able to specify the Render Region directly in the Vray VFB without first having to open the max VFB, defining the region, then closing it and going back to the vray VFB and clicking the render region button.

- Neil

I'm not sure I got that. Once you enable the region button in the V-Ray VFB (not the option in the main 3ds Max Render Setup dialog), you can click and drag to define the region right inside the VFB.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah ok, so what was confusing me was when you do the max render region, it has a box inside both the max vfb AND the viewport. Whereas the one in the vray VFB is in the render window only. Do you think it would be possible to enhance this feature so that when you drag a region in the vray vfb it also drags the same render region in the max viewport? If you haven't already done a render, it makes a lot of sense to drag your region in the viewport so you can align it properly with the objects in your scene since the vray vfb is obviously blank.

- Neil

Comment

Or another possibility is to have a "Copy Viewport Screengrab to vray vfb" button, which just does a screencapture of the active viewport, sizes it to the size of your current render output, and places it in the vray vfb. Then I can drag the vray render region in the vfb like normal. It would be a huge timesaver so I don't have to render the entire image once to be able to use the vray render region.

- Neil

Comment

Originally posted by soulburn3d View Post
          Or another possibility is to have a "Copy Viewport Screengrab to vray vfb" button, which just does a screencapture of the active viewport, sizes it to the size of your current render output, and places it in the vray vfb. Then I can drag the vray render region in the vfb like normal. It would be a huge timesaver so I don't have to render the entire image once to be able to use the vray render region.

- Neil
          +1

I was literally just searching for a way to do this myself via maxscript. I'd love to have this built in though.
          www.seraph3d.com
          Senior Generalist
          Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
          Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

This is on the "to do" list and we will look into it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Awesome, thanks! If you can't get the viewport, even some sort of 5 second speed render of the image would probably be enough to give us the info we need to do a successful render region.

- Neil

Comment

Done it Neil!
                http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...iewport-Loader
                Maxscript made easy....
                davewortley.wordpress.com
                Follow me here:
                facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Working...
                X