Vray 3: features not yet included from previous wishlist posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3: features not yet included from previous wishlist posts

Now vray 3 is out I am pretty pleased but also a bit disappointed that some features users have requested for years are still not included!

Is there a reason that you didn't add predefining the bucket order yet? It has been requested a few times - The first time I can find was 6 years ago, probably before vray 2 was even released:
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...hile-rendering
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...er-by-clicking

Perhaps you could expand the new render mask feature to use the RGB channels: red = bucket order, green = bucket size, blue = render mask. The ultimate solution would be if this could be defined by a texture in advance and also overridden/tweaked by painting in the VFB on the fly.

Can we also get:
    the VFB region as a polygonal lasso - this has been requested many times and I know how to hack it with a matte plane and in theory a texture is more flexible but sometimes you just need to draw a 2 second region!
    region points defined as a percentage - again i know in theory a texture will help here but quick regions that scale with output size are a must.
    and the ability to draw a region in the viewport rather than the VFB - just in case it is blank!

Thanks for the new adaptive bucket size feature, it is a great addition but I believe it could be better! Sometimes a slow part of the scene may be encountered right at the start of the rendering. I know that once I have learnt this about my render I can reverse sequence to allow for it. But it would be nice if we could define a threshold so that if buckets take longer than the current render average (by the threshold) they are flagged to be restarted and subdivided so more cores get involved.

By the end of the week will be fine.

Many thanks,
    Olly
    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Yep, now that we have the render mask, it definitely opens a lot of possibilities; at the very least the polygonal lasso is a lot easier to implement - we can just get the mask from the VFB.

Defining the bucket order by clicking is also on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for looking Vlado.

Any thoughts on restarting & subdividing buckets that have taken longer than average?
      Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
      Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post
        Any thoughts on restarting & subdividing buckets that have taken longer than average?
        Yes, we are thinking about this as well.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X