Addition to Selective Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition to Selective Rendering

Can you guys please add in material EffectID as a method for selecting what gets used in a selective render
    even a combination of EffectIDs would be uber handy

that way can render select, trees + plants
    people + cars
    etc etc without having to merge in massive amounts of xrefs

can also pretty please get a render element that just specifies the Effect ID as a single white mask
    so we dont have to conflate everything into a 3 channel multimatte layer
    makes mask selection in photoshop easier.

Originally posted by Jacob Hutson View Post
    Can you guys please add in material EffectID as a method for selecting what gets used in a selective render
    From a developer point of view: I believe it is not possible, because each material/map decides during evaluation which material effect ID is present. So the renderer needs to actually render/evaluate the map/material to know the material effect ID. It could be different for each pixel/sample of a material.

can also pretty please get a render element that just specifies the Effect ID as a single white mask
    so we dont have to conflate everything into a 3 channel multimatte layer
    makes mask selection in photoshop easier.
    In case that is not obvious, you could just put the same ID 3 times and get a grayscale mask. Or maybe use psd-manager to split the MultiMatte element into 3 PSD layers/channels automatically.

Daniel
    Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

You mean for the render mask? We can put the Object ID there, but the material ID, as Daniel pointed out, would be slower.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

What about just a specific material? I often get revision just to change a material in scene to a slight different one, like dark wood to medium medium wood, it would time instead of re-rendering the entire scene.
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I also would like if the "selection" mode takes refraction into consideration meaning if I select mesh behind a refractive one I am able to render that refracted mesh. I know this would propably mean having to render the refractive Object, too. Maybe do this automatically?
          Software:
          Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
          3ds Max 2016 SP4
          V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
          Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
          64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
            What about just a specific material? I often get revision just to change a material in scene to a slight different one, like dark wood to medium medium wood, it would time instead of re-rendering the entire scene.
            A specific material, if it is a top-level material (i.e. directly applied on the object, and not part of Multi/Sub-object etc) is possible. Will have to think about it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You should be aware that changing certain material properties will affect much more than just this material. If you get a dark wood instead of a light one on your floor the GI solution would be different aswell as the reflections. Having VRay detect where the material is reflected and render that portion too would be incredible, but I guess then you would have to render the whole stuf anyways ;P
              Software:
              Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
              3ds Max 2016 SP4
              V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
              Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
              64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

+1 on this one
                Nicolas Caplat
                www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
                  You should be aware that changing certain material properties will affect much more than just this material. If you get a dark wood instead of a light one on your floor the GI solution would be different aswell as the reflections. Having VRay detect where the material is reflected and render that portion too would be incredible, but I guess then you would have to render the whole stuf anyways ;P
                  Yup, that's true. However, for quick previews, it would still be very useful !
                  Nicolas Caplat
                  www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
                  X