Probabilistic Lights --> picked by yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probabilistic Lights --> picked by yourself

Hi, i was just wondering if this would be possible?

If i've understand correctly it now chooses randomly some lights for calculations.
    But in most scene's there are 1 or 2 main lights which are most important and allot of other lights are less important. If those lights are missed at the random selection, the outcome is more noise.

Would be nice to pick for example the overall light --> domelight & the lights infront of the image. (include list)

Tnx!

Infinite lights like dome lights and directional lights (including VRaySun) are always sampled in a non-probabilistic way. The probabilistic sampling is done only for "localized" lights (area lights and point lights).

We are working on improved probabilistic selection that should hopefully work much better (in fact was almost done for 3.0 release, but we didn't have enough time to test properly); if you like, you can send me a scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com that we can use for testing and improving it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Infinite lights like dome lights and directional lights (including VRaySun) are always sampled in a non-probabilistic way. The probabilistic sampling is done only for "localized" lights (area lights and point lights).

We are working on improved probabilistic selection that should hopefully work much better (in fact was almost done for 3.0 release, but we didn't have enough time to test properly); if you like, you can send me a scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com that we can use for testing and improving it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I l know I have posted this before, but are IES lights supported by are probabilistic lights?
      I usually work on arch viz interiors and run about 50 to 100 IES's. the probabilistic light option makes everything look horrible.
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
        I l know I have posted this before, but are IES lights supported by are probabilistic lights? I usually work on arch viz interiors and run about 50 to 100 IES's. the probabilistic light option makes everything look horrible.
        Yes, they are supported (which is in part why they look horrible); it's obvious that we need to do more work on that (beyond manually disabling that option, of course).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah tnx for clarifying. My scene also contains vray ies.
          I have to finish the job and i will send the (simplified) scene to test.

Comment

Working...
          X