VRayHDRI loader permissions on tiled textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayHDRI loader permissions on tiled textures

Hi - while I have a lot of love for the HDRI loader with tiled exrs/tx files, one annoyance is that if you have a scene open with HDRI loaders active, a tiled exr/tx can't be updated externally to Max due to file permissions. I understand why the loader needs to keep the file open, but if there was a temporary "disable" option then reload/re-enable it would make lookdev tweaking so much easier!

Thanks
    Josh

Does it work if you turn on the "clear cache on render end" option? (You might have to modify something in the map to cause a re-render of the material swatch.)

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado, thanks for the reply
      Seems like "clear cache on render end" does what I want, provided I clear the material from the mat editor... not ideal, but much better than having to save multiple versions of the map. I tried various modifications in the map like coordinates/color space adj etc, but seems like it's not clearing the cache in medit.
      regards,
      Josh

Comment

Another workaround:
        freescenebitmaps() seems to be a wholesale way of clearing the cache (without having to check "clear cache on render end") but its a bit brute-force, especially if there's a ton of bitmaps in the scene (a long reload). I'm not much of a scripter, but if there was a way to localise this to just the current medit swatch/map, that would be ideal.
        Thanks
        Josh

Comment

Working...
        X