VFB min -layer-editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB min -layer-editor

I often find myself in a situation where I am working on one specific render layer which then later gets comped over (VolLight, shadows, etc). It would be really nice to have a super-simple layer editor in the VFB, saying, load image a as background, and then render on one layer above with add blend mode. So I basically render only a volLight pass for example but can see instantly what it would look like when comped.

Edit: Title meant to say "mini " instead of "min -", sorry.
    Last edited by Art48; 17-04-2014, 05:48 AM.
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

It is on the "to do" list to have a "background" color correction that will just put some image as background with the render alpha-blended on top of it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

How do you intend to handle stuff like color mapping "affect background" checkbox since having a background for preview purposes and another background for the actual rendering could be an issue. I would like to have image A as my background to layer my actual rendering upon but have image B used as an "internal" background for the renderer to use for stuff.
      Software:
      Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
      3ds Max 2016 SP4
      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
      Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
        How do you intend to handle stuff like color mapping "affect background" checkbox since having a background for preview purposes and another background for the actual rendering could be an issue. I would like to have image A as my background to layer my actual rendering upon but have image B used as an "internal" background for the renderer to use for stuff.
        Since this will be done in the VFB itself, after the render, any color mapping settings that you had in the render will be ignored.

This should be used for preview purposes only though; any final compositing should happen in a proper compositing application.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X