Auto Mat ID from materials ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Mat ID from materials ?

Can we please get a render pass that automatically renders a material ID for every material in the scene ? Setting this up manually is a real pain in the ass. For example in octane or arion i do not have to assign material ID # to materials manually. It does it for you automatically (& the resulting bitmaps are also much better antialiased than what vray produces). I also use Object ID & WireColour ID, but neither of these are as useful to me as having the option i suggest here .
    Thx
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

there is a script that assigns wire colors to objects based on material: wire colour tools. what do you need this render element for?
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

the purpose is to have a quick way to get a render pass with a unique solid colour rendered for every material in the scene without going through the arduous process of assigning material id's manually (which can be a problem when there are many, many materials).
      I tried that script & it does what i needed. thx
      Last edited by leotchest; 25-04-2014, 09:32 AM.
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

also you mentioned bad aa in wirecolor pass - it can happen when using edge enhancing aa filters.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

I think (could be wrong) Neil Blevin's Soulburn Scripts might have had something like that as well.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X