No announcement yet.

Ability to Disable Vray Physical Cam Motion Blur and DOF from Render Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to Disable Vray Physical Cam Motion Blur and DOF from Render Settings

I was really hoping to see this feature added to Vray 3.0 but it doesn't appear to be available. It would be really useful to have an override checkbox for Vray Physical Camera motion blur and DOF in the render settings where the user can force these effects OFF. Having to always select the camera and fiddle with the modifier rollout each time you want to temporarily turn these off (like when doing test renders) is very cumbersome. Not to mention having to remember to hunt them down and turn back ON when ready to submit for final render.

At work we have scripted tools to take care of this, but it would be nice to have it built into the core feature set.

Thanks,
    Mitch

It would take some effort to convince me to do that; having yet another place where you can control these is likely to add some confusion - you'll have to remember to check both places and if you get a scene from another user it may be hard to track down what is going on and why DOF or moblur is not working.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

My thought is that it would be an override that by default would be ON (meaning unless the user changes things the camera mb and dof would still render). This is similar in concept to the disable Raytracing, Displacement, Glossy, etc in the render settings. They are there for the same reason...so you don't have to pick through your scene to quickly turn such things off. With the way things are now it is more likely that an artist will FORGET to turn camera mb back ON after doing his test renders because it has to be done outside of the render settings, which is where most of us center our attention when doing render and lighting work.

Anyone else agree?

Thanks,
      Mitch

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      It would take some effort to convince me to do that; having yet another place where you can control these is likely to add some confusion - you'll have to remember to check both places and if you get a scene from another user it may be hard to track down what is going on and why DOF or moblur is not working.

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Working...
      X