Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT CPU Substitute modifier support

Hi,

i would like to ask for support of Substitute modifier by Vray RT CPU. I use it to substitute highpoly models of animated Xref trees for lowpoly placeholders in viewport. This way i do not need to make proxies of the trees, which take a lot of space and remove the possibility of going back and modifying animation. It's a simple modifier that just returns different meshes to renderer and viewport, so it should not be that hard to implement i guess.

When used as ActiveShade, the RT engine renders whatever is visible in the viewport - otherwise constantly switching between the render state and viewport state of objects is just asking for trouble.

If you need it for when RT is used as a production renderer, then yes, we can look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      When used as ActiveShade, the RT engine renders whatever is visible in the viewport - otherwise constantly switching between the render state and viewport state of objects is just asking for trouble.

If you need it for when RT is used as a production renderer, then yes, we can look into it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Oh... nope I don't use Vray RT as production renderer... I am just never getting that WYSIWYG workflow i would like. I haven't yet seen any scene of mine where VrayRT would produce results close to what regular Vray outputs. I am always trying to finally start to take advantage of interactive rendering, but always get punched in the face by results of Vray and Vray RT differing a lot. So i hoped i would start reporting all the issues that make Vray and Vray RT outputs different and eventually push it all the way to usable solution

Comment

Originally posted by Recon442 View Post
        So i hoped i would start reporting all the issues that make Vray and Vray RT outputs different and eventually push it all the way to usable solution
        Yes, please continue doing that Some things may not be possible to implement, but many others are.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X