Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayProxy Display - Wireframe bounding box

Hi all

In the display options for VRayProxy, it would be great if there was an option for a wireframe bounding box. A very annoying half baked workaround is to just set the object properties to display as box. It would be much more convenient to have an option in the display so that everything is in the same place.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Isn't that already an option?
    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post
      Isn't that already an option?
      No it's not
      You only get "bounding box" which displays a box of the proxy. Problem with this is if you're in shaded viewport mode, this box closes your other stuff so you cant see anything. Thats why I want a "WIREFRAME bounding box" so that it ALWAYS displays as wireframe no matter what display mode your viewport is set to
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

sorry yes I see what you mean now.

+1 for this feature - I am always doing the same workaround.
        Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
        Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

This has been added into our system.
          Meanwhile you could use Display as Box option from 3DSMax Object Properties which basically does the same thing.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Not to derail the thread or anything, but personally I'd much rather have the VrayProxy object previewed like Itoo does with its Point cloud. Its automatic (no setting the ammound of displayed triangles), and really fast, and also lets you shade it with scene lights so you actually can see the shapes of the models, i.e in a dense forest.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
              Not to derail the thread or anything, but personally I'd much rather have the VrayProxy object previewed like Itoo does with its Point cloud. Its automatic (no setting the ammound of displayed triangles), and really fast, and also lets you shade it with scene lights so you actually can see the shapes of the models, i.e in a dense forest.
              This works for trees and grass, but it would not work for buildings or other proxies with large flat areas. Also, Itoo generates the point cloud on the fly - the original geometry is still in the scene and the point cloud density can be adjusted on the fly. We will not do this for proxies - the whole point is that the geometry is *not* kept in memory.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well, what you describe does seem to fit the most common uses of the Itoo plugins, but I was maybe fantasising about some way to stream a certain number of points right into the proxy (could be cached per work session or with an option).
                I have seen some massive point cloud LIDAR scans being streamed into Autocad, and the plugin for max I once tried from Autodesk labs.
                But I guess this could get slow with network stored proxies? An option for a temporary cache, and deferred loading should make this bearable I'd think.

Feasible or the ramblings of a crazy person?
                Signing out,
                Christian

Comment

any chance to add a global controller for vrayproxy display?

Comment

Working...
                  X