Auto Irmap merging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Irmap merging

I know this used to pop up on the forum ages ago but don't think anything has been done for it?

This is an OLD thread about it http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...t=irmap+viewer

Im doing an ol' skool long camera path flythrough and the irmap calc is bottlenecking the whole process as it is currently calculated on one machine.

It would be useful to add an option to the irmap mode called Animation prepass merge that merges irmaps sequences together and then reads from file.

This would make the irmap workflow much quicker allowing the whole farm to calculate an irmap.

The more I think about it, it seems incredible that this isn't an option already. Incrementally adding to one map does speed up the irmap but seems stupid to have to bottleneck a render around 1 machine.

Comment

You can use DR to calculate the irradiance map, even in incremental mode. You can also use the irradiance map viewer to merge the files.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes I know this. My wishlist is for the irmap merging process to be automated rather than having to sit and wait for the irmap frames to finish.

Is there a way to automate the merging of the individual irmaps and making that a dependent job on backburner?
        So that an irmap animation would be submitted with 3 dependant passes, calculate irmap, merge calculated maps, render frames.

Render irmap with animation prepass, leaving an irmap sequence and then add a mode called Animation prepass merge that merges irmaps sequences together and then reads from file

Comment

I'm pretty sure it can be done with f.e. Deadline, not sure about backburner; will have to look into it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado would be a great speed increase for irmap animations.

Comment

Working...
            X