Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please allow us to cancel render when DR is being used but no nodes are available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please allow us to cancel render when DR is being used but no nodes are available

I have 10 render nodes and sometimes forget to turn off DR when I'm testing a render when the nodes are not on. I have to wait for the entire set of DR nodes to list in the vray output window before I can cancel the render and turn off DR.

Just a frustrating little thing that if fixed would be nice
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I think it would be just as good if DR rendering/exporting scenes/sending to other slaves etc etc would be separate process that would not bug/slow down maya/max. I know the translation has to happen. But sending that scene and so on maybe it could be run in background?
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
      We've added it into our feature-request list and we will update this thread when we some some updates on that matter.a
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Great stuff. Thanks
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal) View Post
          I think it would be just as good if DR rendering/exporting scenes/sending to other slaves etc etc would be separate process that would not bug/slow down maya/max. I know the translation has to happen. But sending that scene and so on maybe it could be run in background?
          You can always send a backburner job to do the DR, or run 3dsmaxcmd to do it outside of your 3ds Max session; I don't think this should be a part of V-Ray. The most we can do is maybe provide a MaxScript that does the 3dsmaxcmd thing.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X