Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "High Pass" Render Element

Hello,

A "High Pass" Render Element would be awesome! I always use this on my render to sharpen them up. It's pretty easy to do in Photoshop but a pain in the but in aftereffects as the filter is not available.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

What does it do? Can you not just use a sharpening AA filter, like Catmull-Rom or Mitchell-Netravali?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

if you do a high pass then overlay, it's the same as an unsharp mask. you have the radius and opacity controls there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
        if you do a high pass then overlay, it's the same as an unsharp mask. you have the radius and opacity controls there too.
        Your right...Thanks for the tip!...I guess the only advantage of a high pass now is that you can tweak the opacity and toggle it on and of to you choosing.
        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          What does it do? Can you not just use a sharpening AA filter, like Catmull-Rom or Mitchell-Netravali?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Nevermind, Neilg had a good tip...Sharpening comes out much better in post.
          Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Dont sharpen cgi stuff too much... most of the time you actually need to blur stuff to make it look more natural/realistic :- )
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

if you sharpen something with a 15px radius and drop the opacity to 30-50% it just increases the contrast without actually sharpening the edges too much. helps on images with a lot of white on white

Comment

Working...
              X