Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zdepth pass and color mapping settings by vraycamera

Hello,

Is it possible to have Zdepth pass setup by camera ?

What about color mapping settings by camera ? Sometimes is useful to have various reinhard settings to control the burned areas.

I know there's render states feature but most of the time I find it buggy and not production reliable.

Thanks in advance

as a workaround you can add as many Zdepths in the elements as you have cameras. Just remember to name them each
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

What do you mean by z-depth by camera? There is an option in the Z-depth render element to take the min/max bounds from the current camera - is anything needed beyond that?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you Morne that's a workaround indeed! Never tried to add repeated passes!

Vlado

The option "zdepth use camera clip boudaries" relates to the camera clipping feature right ?
        What about if I don't want to use clipping in the camera ?

I tried with the near / far env range and didn't worked.

Basically I want to define the zdepth min max by camera.
        Morne tip work for now =)

Thanks

Comment

You can also set the Z-Depth values per camera, just activate clipping check-box set the correct values for near/far clipping planes and then disable it.
          V-Ray will still use these values when calculating Z-Depth element even if clipping is disabled.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
            You can also set the Z-Depth values per camera, just activate clipping check-box set the correct values for near/far clipping planes and then disable it.
            V-Ray will still use these values when calculating Z-Depth element even if clipping is disabled.
            Awesome! Nice tip
            Thanks Svetlozar
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Thanks Svetlozar Draganov.

Comment

Working...
              X