Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced VRay-Lights

Hey Chaos-Team,

I would love to see some additional features concerning the vray-lights in a future update:

1. it would be great if there could be value-boxes behind the checkboxes "diffuse", "specular" and "reflection" to set the strength of each "channel" individually in only one light.
    2. it would be awesome if texture-maps on vray-lights were visible in viewport!
    3. changing the viewport color of vray lights would be great as well. So one could better sort things out (eg. all reflection-lights are shown in green, the key-lights are shown in yellow and rim lights are red).
    4. maybe it would be a great option so show the light's name directly in the viewport (next or within the light). This would even more help to find the "key_light", "rim_light_028", "ambience_light_002", "include_light_eyes_reflection_001" quickly in a complex scene.

Thank you.

Awesome suggestions, +1
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko View Post
      1. it would be great if there could be value-boxes behind the checkboxes "diffuse", "specular" and "reflection" to set the strength of each "channel" individually in only one light.
      Yes, we have this in Maya, I hope it will make its way into 3ds Max.

2. it would be awesome if texture-maps on vray-lights were visible in viewport!
      We tried to do it, and in V-Ray 3.0 there is even a checkbox "preview texture" for rectangle lights, but we could only get it to work in the legacy DirectX viewports. Nitrous requires more work.

3. changing the viewport color of vray lights would be great as well. So one could better sort things out (eg. all reflection-lights are shown in green, the key-lights are shown in yellow and rim lights are red).
      If you mean the wireframe color of the lights, this is already possible in V-Ray 3.0

4. maybe it would be a great option so show the light's name directly in the viewport (next or within the light). This would even more help to find the "key_light", "rim_light_028", "ambience_light_002", "include_light_eyes_reflection_001" quickly in a complex scene.
      This is possible, will make a note for it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Wow! Thank you Vlado!

Best regards,
        mirko

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko View Post
          I wrote a script that does this because I also thought it would be very useful. However, it quickly gets out of hand with many lights. Before long all you see is text over more text in the viewport. My script also included the multiplier of the light and how many subdivs it was using.

Tim J
          www.seraph3d.com
          Senior Generalist
          Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
          Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

Working...
          X