VRay version of Maxwell Camera Listener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
    There's always this one....http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/vraycamlister. I used it for a while to list the cameras but got tired of the interface so I updated it a bit with a bit more functionality....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21271[/ATTACH]

It's been very useful for me but still most of the code is based on Track's hard work so I'd rather not post the script. Just an idea for future interface reference.
    For us, render size is the critical element.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
      Max 2014 SP5

I've removed it now as I didn't really have the time to troubleshoot. Basically, I opened up a fresh session of max, clicked to drag a camera (max or vray) and as soon as I did the script window appeared with the error.
      Hi Tricky
      I've just transmitted your problem to the creator of the script ... let's see what he'll come back with

Cheers.
      Nicolas Caplat
      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Originally posted by NicoC View Post
        Hi Tricky
        I've just transmitted your problem to the creator of the script ... let's see what he'll come back with

Cheers.
        Thanks Nico for the script.
        I installed it and first I had the same problem with Richard but then when I installed into enu-application data, it runs without any problem.
        Sad part is that it doesn't work on old cameras but just newly created ones.
        Now I have to re-create all.
        for my blog and tutorials:
        www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Hello Pixela

Yes, custom attributes aren't added to existing cameras I'll ask SugaR if he can do something about that !

Cheers.
          Nicolas Caplat
          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

For us, render size is the critical element.
            Is it just render size you would need or are there other settings that you would like to set for each camera?
            Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
              Is it just render size you would need or are there other settings that you would like to set for each camera?
              I think the normal vray camera settings, so FOV/lens, aperture, shutter, ISO, white balance would suffice. But image size is the main thing really. Background image (environment) would also be useful to have linked as sometimes, if we are doing camera-matched photomontages, the background needs to be changed per view.

Normally, in any given scene where we are creating multiple images from multiple cameras, and we have different lights for each camera. At the moment, we just name them appropriately and use the vray light lister to switch on/off the correct lights. I suppose if this could somehow be linked to the camera too it would be great.

Occasionally, we have certain geometry that should be hidden for certain views. Linking this to the camera would be great, but I think we are getting into the realms of scene/set/states (whatever they are called) in Max, but I just haven't got my head around these yet!!
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket

Comment

I think the normal vray camera settings, so FOV/lens, aperture, shutter, ISO, white balance would suffice. But image size is the main thing really. Background image (environment) would also be useful to have linked as sometimes, if we are doing camera-matched photomontages, the background needs to be changed per view.

Normally, in any given scene where we are creating multiple images from multiple cameras, and we have different lights for each camera. At the moment, we just name them appropriately and use the vray light lister to switch on/off the correct lights. I suppose if this could somehow be linked to the camera too it would be great.

Occasionally, we have certain geometry that should be hidden for certain views. Linking this to the camera would be great, but I think we are getting into the realms of scene/set/states (whatever they are called) in Max, but I just haven't got my head around these yet!!
                I haven't seen anyone mention RPManager in this thread yet (unless I missed it) but that will cover pretty much everything you are after.
                Render settings, lights, object visibility and transforms, materials can be controlled on a per camera basis. And that is only the beginning.
                Great support from the developer too.
                Its a game changer, I don't know how people can render in max without it.
                Get on it, with the amount of automation it does it pays for itself almost instantly.
                Toucan Creative
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

Originally posted by pixela View Post
                  Sad part is that it doesn't work on old cameras but just newly created ones.
                  Now I have to re-create all.
                  Hello
                  I've checked with SugaR, the dev of this script, and it seems we've missed a little something ... take a look in Customize -> Customize User Interface, in the SugaR category you've got a tool to add custom attributes to existing cameras ! it works like a charm here

Cheers.
                  Nicolas Caplat
                  www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I'd forgotten about RPManager. Quite an expensive tool, but I can see the benefits.
                    Kind Regards,
                    Richard Birket

Comment

A wile ago i tried to create a scripted plugin based on vray camera to handle resolution/aspect ratio per camera but it didn't work as expected. back then vray camera didnt allow me to create the camera trough maxscript. so i ended creating a script to set the aspect/resolution on each camera as a user attributes. i have been using it for years now. just run it on the active viewport or selected camera, to recall the attributes just run it again or if its open click get.

there is a known bug when you have the lock aspect set. i will try to fix it soon.

http://www.evvisual.com/set-get-camera-aspect/

Guillermo M Leal LLaguno
                      Guillermo Leal LLaguno
                      www.evvisual.com
                      www.steelbluellc.com

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
                        I wish batch render would let you save V-Ray raw image file's... so you could save multichannel exr's

boom
                        You can save 32-bit multi-layer PSDs including all your VRay channels using Batch Render + psd-manager.

psd-manager picks up the main 3ds max filename that the Batch Render tool sets, but will still read the image date from from the V-ray framebuffer (if it is enabled). So it works around those V-ray Batch render workflow limitations. And you can also choose if you want to have V-ray color corrections applied (psd-manager Advanced options dialog, look for the Gear icon).

Daniel
                        Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
                          You can save 32-bit multi-layer PSDs including all your VRay channels using Batch Render + psd-manager.

psd-manager picks up the main 3ds max filename that the Batch Render tool sets, but will still read the image date from from the V-ray framebuffer (if it is enabled). So it works around those V-ray Batch render workflow limitations. And you can also choose if you want to have V-ray color corrections applied (psd-manager Advanced options dialog, look for the Gear icon).

Daniel
                          Yeah I've heard others mention PSD-Manager as a solution. But my workflow is with Nuke, which helps me organize and reiterate on updates to large batches of renders much better than Photoshop ever did. Just slow to manually go through each camera and fire off the renders
                          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Working...
                          X