Render Autodesk Material in vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Autodesk Material in vray

When importing models from Revit all materials are set to Autodesk materials (Generic, Metal, Wall Paint etc.). These materials do not render at all. Infact, they completely screw up the GI. (Bright colored blotches all over.)

Vray scene converter does not convert these materials. There are some scripts, but from what I've read, the free ones perform poorly, and the ones you have to pay for perform somewhat better.

It would be great if either the scene converter converted these materials into vray materials, or if the renderer was able to render them. A simple flat shader would work just fine, but now you can't have even a single Autodesk material in the scene, or the render is destroyed.

Since Revit is used more and more in the archviz field, this issue becomes more urgent.
    www.whiteview.se

Maybe it would be nice if such a script/converter also had the ability to limit or convert the diffuse values. So that one could scale a range from 0-255 to4-180 (for example). So that one would get a get a quick and dirty fix when importing materials from revit and people that don't know what they are doing, and get rid of those crazy whites.

Comment

Revit Materials are not supported so far, you have to either use Arch&Design material from Revit or to convert manually all the materials in the scene.
      This has already been discussed in another thread, please check my post here along with the entire discussion:
      http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...656#post628656
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Yes, I have read that thread. For the time being, third party converters is the only option. This is the "Wishlist" part of the forum, so therefore I add something to that list.

The problem with Revit is that asking clients to use certain kinds of materials just isn't an option. There is no way I can ask a client to update their entire project, so that it fits Vray. Also, when working with large scale projects, a Revit model can contain literally hundreds of different materials. Going over this by hand takes a serious amount of time. If you want Vray to remain the best solution for arch viz, I suggest you adress this problem.
        It's perfectly alright if you adapt the Autodesk material in such a way that it only uses a plain material, with the diffuse color/texture from the adsk material. Reflection/refraction would be great, but not necessary. Right now, you can't have a single adsk material, or your entire GI solution is screwed.

Hoping for the best.
        www.whiteview.se

Comment

Working...
        X