Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VrayProxy - Full Mesh View + "opening/edit/close" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayProxy - Full Mesh View + "opening/edit/close" ?

2 ideas to grow Vray Proxies into a fully functional interop tool:

1. full mesh preview option, which would be ok for small assets. Proxies could be useful here as well!

2. better interoperability option: I like the basic idea of the containers (open/edit/close), but containers are dangerous and can easily be screwed (as we experienced - disaster strike). Obviously you can resave a proxy, but the mesh importer sometimes freezes and I am not sure about pivots etc. So some chance to interact with an existing proxy could be great?

The case where the idea came up: We have a complex project, with a lot of instanced pieces of furniture/assets. I was desperately trying to find a good structure to organise this scene for multiple artists. Problem is, that we required a bigger team to work on this, but need to keep instanced objects / materials over scenes.

Max unfortunately has very limited options to organise complex scenes:

* XREF-Scenes are good, but are not meant to move or duplicate.
    * XREF-Objects can be moved, but can be treacherous, when the source file is modified (single objects flying all over the place.)
    * Containers: Good idea, but unfortunately never finished, not trustworthy.

One big aspect is about trust here - production environment etc. Containers are dangerous and not trustworthy, but I do trust VrayProxies .

Sorry for the long prosa!

Best regards, Peter

P.S.: Materials can be transferred via XREF-Materials between different scenes/artists. Works well - not too comfortable - because you have to edit them in the original scene.
Working...
X