override material effect ID for all vray materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• override material effect ID for all vray materials

This is a great feature and is missing from quite a few of the vray materials.

V Miller

It is possible to set a material effects ID for any material above 16, there is no limit it's just a UI thing. You need to use some maxplus to do it.
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Just go to material Options tab and there is ID listed. You can type in any number you want, you dont need max script. Other than that I thank you can use VMC material editor.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Where is the ID value in Material Option Tab.
        And where is that Material Option Tab or you are talking about Material Editor Options?
        http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...41249-htm.html
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

If you go to material settings and below, Reflection/refraction/diffuse there is Options tab. In material editor. There is Effect ID isn't that it ? You can use that to type in any ID material and then multimatte to get mask out of.
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Thanks a lot - I actually didn't know about that option is available in Options Rollout.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

thats exactly what I'm talking about. that rollout exists for the vray material but is not available for car paint, light material, fast sss material... Unless there is a rollout I can't find that is

V Miller

Comment

Well, I was kind of hoping Autodesk would have done this by now. I would hate to add this across all materials only to have to remove it later. But I'll see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  Well, I was kind of hoping Autodesk would have done this by now. I would hate to add this across all materials only to have to remove it later. But I'll see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Autodesk have changed the maxscript so you can use the simple existing maxscript function for changing ID, it's no longer limited to 16, but I'm not sure if it's in Max 2015 SP2 or whether we'll have to wait for the next update...

For now (and previous versions of max), you'' need the magic function.
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  davewortley.wordpress.com
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Working...
                  X