light cache option when doing region renders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light cache option when doing region renders

would be nice to have an expert option in the light cache to consider the whole image when doing a region render.

maybe print a warning that it is on in the vray messages window as well.
    www.peterguthrie.net
    www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
    www.pg-skies.net/

Yes, we can do that, now that I have a place to put such things

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
      would be nice to have an expert option in the light cache to consider the whole image when doing a region render.

maybe print a warning that it is on in the vray messages window as well.
      Second that.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Yes, we can do that, now that I have a place to put such things

Best regards,
        Vlado
        that would be GREAT!
        www.peterguthrie.net
        www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
        www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Can there be a bleed amount instead so that we might get a better average if we were doing Tiles Rendering in Deadline for example, and thus not need to calculate the light cache for the entire image for each tile? At the moment we precache the light cache on one machine for Tiles Rendering otherwise we get visible differences between the tiles, but to have a way where we could split this baking task amongst machine would be much better.
          Maxscript made easy....
          davewortley.wordpress.com
          Follow me here:
          facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
            Can there be a bleed amount instead so that we might get a better average if we were doing Tiles Rendering in Deadline for example, and thus not need to calculate the light cache for the entire image for each tile? At the moment we precache the light cache on one machine for Tiles Rendering otherwise we get visible differences between the tiles, but to have a way where we could split this baking task amongst machine would be much better.
            It might not be enough. The region render also reduces the light cache subdivs, which may produce drastically different result with small regions.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
              Same here. unfortunate to have to render the whole LC for every tile, but Vlado I wonder if each machine render a tile and make the LC will that even get round the issue. Will a LC be the same across machines?

Comment

Originally posted by m_hinks View Post
                Will a LC be the same across machines?
                Yes, it will be the same; this at least is not a problem

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X