X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraydisplacement off in Reflections/GI Switch

As I noticed in this thread here:

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...le-Rendertimes

If it wasn´t to hard to implement, beeing able to switch off the Vraydisplacement for Reflection/GI Rays would save a lot of trouble.

If left on for GI calculations (LC and IR) it slows the proces down significantly.
    If left on in scenes with refractive/reflective objects, those objects render a lot slower. Some renders went from 5 Minutes to 3 hours.
    Since a lot more from the displaced objects is visible in buckets with reflections than in the buckets from the actual displaced object, those buckets now render excessively slower, even though the visual difference in most cases isn´t really noticable (unles the displaced object is very clearly visible in the reflective/refractive objects or displaced very heavily).

Right now I have to work around that issue by rendering in layers, which is my least preferred method of rendering things...especially when dealing scenes with heavy use of Xrefs...

So: Is it possible to implement a checkbox to turn off the displacement for reflection/Refraction/GI?
Working...
X