Clipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper

Is there any chance the clipper could be made into more of a Boolean operation, and do its thing with simple geometry as the cutting objects?
    - Geoff

Probably, although it's more complicated. Will make a note to look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I thought about that yesterday.
      Would be great to have that.

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

Thanks, Vlado. At the moment I would be fine with the ability to have one Clipper to stop the effect of another Clipper, so that I could chop only the corner out of something. Neither of Max's Boolean options are letting me do that with my current model without screwing it up. But certainly something like a clipper box object would be a huge improvement, if not the ability to use a mesh.
        - Geoff

Comment

you can do something like this using the vray distance tex.. you need non-renderable duplicates of your objects to avoid a circular reference.

basically object 1a(source object, renderable) has distance tex in opacity slot cutting it where its inside object 2b(cutter object, non-renderable)

object 2a (cutter object, renderable) has another distance tex keeping only parts inside object 1b(source object, non-renderable)

end result, particularly if you link the dummy objects to the originals so you dont get in a mess when moving stuff, is a rendertime boolean. does take a while to render though.

iirc i even managed to get edges tex working to provide a fillet on the booleaned edges, but it was ages ago and i remember there were some issues that needed ironing out.

ill see if i can dig out my files.
          Last edited by super gnu; 08-01-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

thinking about it, this method should be helped enormously speedwise by the new opacity map modes in vray 3.1

Comment

Working...
            X