Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto-exposure please, please, pretty please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-exposure please, please, pretty please!

Hi Vlado,

This is something that's at least a decade overdue i mean Insight had it

A check-box and a multiplier in the v-ray camera (possibly a neighbor frame control in addition to that).

If enabled, a quick pre-viz in the background to get the average pixel value of the image.
    The multiplier will be needed to fine-tune the rendering while still remaining in auto-mode and a neighbor frame control may be needed to avoid candle light type flickering when exposure changes occur (you'll have to analyze a number of frames up and down the time line from the current).

I see it being challenging trying to not clamp, but instead say affect the ISO, in the process, but other than that it should be very do-able.

I miss the days when you simply go from one area to another and have the camera tune itself to the lighting values.

VFX guys probably couldn't care less, but achviz folk will surely appreciate it.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Keep Going!

It has been on the "to do" list for a while now, I guess it's time to figure it out

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

SolidRocks has it, but I don't use it; I think it works like it is supposed to.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X