V-Ray Frame buffer resolution upon first opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Frame buffer resolution upon first opening

I'd love it if when you click "Show last VFB" prior to rendering, it created the V-Ray Frame Buffer at the current resolution. As it stands now it spawns at 640x480 so to do a region render after opening a max file, I have to press render and then cancel it to get the frame buffer the correct size and then I can place the region render rectangle at the right area.
    Colin Senner

+50 for this!!

Comment

+1.

Going beyond this though, a great feature would be something similar to what Maya has in that it can capture a viewport screenshot and load it into the render buffer (I forget what it's actually called). This would definitely make it easier to start rendering accurate regions. No idea if something like is possible though.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

I didn't realize Maya could do that. That would be great.
        Colin Senner

Comment

Just to be clear, it is the base Maya FB that does this, not the Vray FB.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
            +1.

Going beyond this though, a great feature would be something similar to what Maya has in that it can capture a viewport screenshot and load it into the render buffer (I forget what it's actually called). This would definitely make it easier to start rendering accurate regions. No idea if something like is possible though.
            if I'm not mistaken I saw a script to do exactly this posted here recently. I think it was by Dave Wortley

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
              if I'm not mistaken I saw a script to do exactly this posted here recently. I think it was by Dave Wortley
              Bingo...http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...iewport-Loader

Testing now.

Comment

Awesome please report if it works well. Thanks Dave wherever you are! Still would love this to be a standard feature.

+1
                Colin Senner

Comment

Seems to work just as expected. A button in the fb would be better but this works great.

Comment

It should at LEAST open with the same dimensions as the resolution you have specified, I can guess where the region goes, but you can't even do that if it's at 640x480 without pressing render and waiting for the LC briefly before cancelling.
                    Colin Senner

Comment

+1

This always bothered me especially when i want to do a quick region render.

V miller

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
                        It should at LEAST open with the same dimensions as the resolution you have specified, I can guess where the region goes, but you can't even do that if it's at 640x480 without pressing render and waiting for the LC briefly before cancelling.
                        FYI-Dave's script will also resize the buffer to the correct dimensions from the Render Settings.

Comment

Exactly,
                          I'm using it every day since it came out, can't live without it.

Stan
                          3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                          X