Cameras & Render filenames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras & Render filenames

I know some of this has been mentioned before, but I was thinking about a few wishes morning

I was thinking about how I don't use VrayCamera's enough, and I think it has to do with all the camera settings being separate per camera. Sometimes when I have a scene with multiple cameras and I get one camera setup correctly, I'll realize later that the others are using different. I know there are scripts and what not to copy and paste but it seems like a real hassle.

At the moment I've made a habit to use regular max cameras and then use the Vray Exposure Control in the Exposure Control roll out. Which keeps all my cameras set to the same settings. If VrayCamera's used this it would be awesome. And then for any odd cameras that might need to be tweaked outside these settings, you could also check Exposure on them and use the camera's specific setting.

All I ask for is that if Exposure is turned off on the VrayCamera, that it use whatever is set in the Exposure Control roll out.

The second wish that's been begged for before is tokens in the render output. Being able to call out "[date %y%m%d]_ProjectName_[camera].exr". So the rendering gets saved without having to manually input view & date details.
    Nuke does this well, and I found a nice list of options on a Softimage wiki, http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/...hTemplates.htm
    I think Maya also has this? Maybe it's something 3dsmax just fails at...

Keep up the great work
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
    The second wish that's been begged for before is tokens in the render output. Being able to call out "[date %y%m%d]_ProjectName_[camera].exr". So the rendering gets saved without having to manually input view & date details.
    Nuke does this well, and I found a nice list of options on a Softimage wiki, http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/...hTemplates.htm
    I think Maya also has this? Maybe it's something 3dsmax just fails at...
    Keep up the great work
    If you use standard max output this is already possible (at least in 2015) it's called name template
    BatchCam script has a keyword syntax that is even more complete than max's native one.

mekene

Comment

Or you could use RPmanager, it does all of this automatically for years
      Can't live without it anymore.

Cheers

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
        At the moment I've made a habit to use regular max cameras and then use the Vray Exposure Control in the Exposure Control roll out. Which keeps all my cameras set to the same settings. If VrayCamera's used this it would be awesome. And then for any odd cameras that might need to be tweaked outside these settings, you could also check Exposure on them and use the camera's specific setting.
        All I ask for is that if Exposure is turned off on the VrayCamera, that it use whatever is set in the Exposure Control roll out.
        An easy way to keep the settings between different cameras the same would be to use Instance Cameras.
        This of workflow of course will make all the parameters between the instanced cameras the same which may not be very convenient if you want to have different values for specific parameters.

Another easy way to control multiple V-Ray Cameras simultaneously would be via MaxScript. Just select all the Cameras that you would like to modify and use appropriate MaxScript command like:

Code:
        $.exposure = off
        $.exposure = on
        to turn ON/OFF the Exposure for example.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X