zonning for GI ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zonning for GI ...

ok, i really couldn't check all messages for that one... but i think no one has mentioned it before..
    I've been using brazil for a long time now, and just passed to Vray (and VERY happy about it...)

one thing i always thought would be helpfull in gi engines ,(and i really don't know how hard will it be to do it ) is :

making the possibility to "confine" a gi setting inside an area (that could be made like a primitive ....

for example, if in a certin scene , i want to make one tipe of illumination for one object , and another one for another object, i would make two virtual spheres, that "wrap" the object, inside of which will reside 2 totally differend light conditions .... like designationg the whole gi , 2-3-4 n... times inside the same scene , and calculating like that the light .....

i'm not sure i explained it well.... maybe i'll send a file to explain ..

the next thing (which i'm quite sure i'm not the first one to ask that ) is the Brazil VGS (virtual ground server) that generates an infinite ground plane ....

hi
    yeah that would be kinda interesting ... as far as the ground plane, that is in the new version
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

very good idea. i agrea with you
      Architecture & design Sàrl
      global solution for architecture
      www.architecture-design.ch

Comment

I think all architects will agree with me .. especially the interior design architects..
        Because we all know , that skylight is great .. but when you have a roof, it changes all,
        With this method you could obtain a fake GI Skylight confined WITHIN the room itself ...
        Would'nt it be great ??

Comment

hey guys... that option exists inside of Vray and has existed for a long time. There is an option with the Vray Light to turn it into a skylight. I forgot the name... not in front of Vray right now. Basically I would use it if I had a large window or skylight. Just make a big vray light to cover that area and turn on that option.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
            hey guys... that option exists inside of Vray and has existed for a long time. There is an option with the Vray Light to turn it into a skylight. I forgot the name... not in front of Vray right now. Basically I would use it if I had a large window or skylight. Just make a big vray light to cover that area and turn on that option.
            you mean a sky portal?

Comment

yeah the sky portal...

Comment

well.. that is not eactly the same ....

Comment

Working...
                X