Non Photoreal Depth Of Field Ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Photoreal Depth Of Field Ranges

Sometimes when Depth of Field is being used for artistic purposes instead of purely photographic purposes, you need more specific control over the DOF of your image. It would be great if Depth Of Field received a new mode where you could modify 4 distances, the start of the near blur, the start of the in focus area, the end of the in focus area, and the start of the fully blurred area.

Like this diagram...

You supply the 4 distance values, a Near Blur, Near Clear, Far Clear, and Far Blur. These ranges would define how the DOF blurriness transitions in your scene. You could use it to define a region of in-focus (instead of only a single distance where things are in focus) and it could let you make things get blurry faster in the the foreground than in the background based on the distance of your ranges. So if say your Blur value is 2.0, it would be a blur value of 2 at the two blur distances, and 0 at the 2 clear distances. Beyond the Blur distances, it would continue on in a linear fashion, so at twice the far Blur distance, it would have an equivalent value of 4.0.

These distances would exist inside the camera, and would appear in the viewport like the clipping plane (although these distances would be circular around the camera, not flat).

- Neil

Sounds familiar!

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ght=linear+dof

Comment

Thanks, I missed that thread due to searching for Depth Of Field and not DOF I'll add my post to the already existing thread.

- Neil

Comment

Working...
      X